Saturday, May 21, 2011

A Getaway : Cherating, Kuantan - Day 2

 This is the second day at Cherating. We woke up early in the morning, as early as 7.30a.m.To be frank, I am definitly not a morning person but I dont know why automatically, I woke up at 7.00a.m. I suppose deep inside of me, can't wait to wake up for all the activities that has been line up for the whole day. We start to head out for a fruitful day!
What a wonderful suprise! We spotted the hornbill when we are heading out for breakfast.
  Residents of Cherating are greeting us with warmth. It is very friendly and cute.They are playing and following us around.
Our little hut which comes with a fan and attached bathroom. As I mentioned before, it comes with basic necessities for you to bunk over for a night or two will be alright.
The ponds in Tanjung Inn is full of bloomng water lilies. It is so beautiful.
 Look of the day, Topshop aviators shade and plastic gladiator sandal  I  Forever 21 sleeveless top and shorts I Bimba&Lola bucket bag
 Tanjung Inn have this serene landscaping that gives you a calm and peaceful mind. It is a perfect place to getaway from the bustling city.
 This is our lunch, we head to Kemaman which is a half an hour drive from Cherating.It is only a plain curry noodle with sambal on top where the secret lies on the fish which are steamed inside the soup and the sweetness and the essence of the fish are extracted into the soup! Besides, good food always comes with good sauce. The sauce is the sambal where the owner uses their secret recipe to make it. When you taste the fish with sambal, the sweetness of the fresh fish arose and with the sambal on top of it and with a little bit of lime squeezed in it creates the taste of sour but within the sour there’s fresh sweetness from the sea! There’s only one word to describe that feeling – Unforgettable! Not forgetting this 'Roti Kahwin' is also very crispy and yummy.
Next stop is the ever famous Hai Peng coffee shop. Since this is in Terengganu, it is almost a crime to not have nasi dagang for breakfast. Opening up the banana leave, there is only rice inside. Pouring the fish curry, which is kept in a separate pot, all over the rice will make a really nice nasi dagang. The fish curry here is not spicy but more on sweet, and really delicious.
As for the coffee, it is really thick and done well.One of the best coffee in my list.
Buying the instant coffee is a must for me everytime I come here, as my dad really adores the coffee. As you can see, this is how the shop looks like in a typical Monday morning. It is crowded and full of people from all walks of life. They come here just for the coffee and the good food. Furthermore, I really like this place, its gives you a nostalgic feeling.
 Here another food that can only be found in Kemaman, which is the Satar.Unlike Otak Otak, Satar is wrapped to a conifier shape, skewered in the center.The filling is a mixture of mince fish (usually tenggiri), spices, mince onions, garlic, bird's eye/red chillies, ginger and grated coconut. Cooked till the filling is dry and firm, the slightly burnt banana leaves gives a lingering aroma to the satar, which is sweet, fragrant and rich in flavours..and the chili padi gives a kick to such a sweet tasting snack..yummy!!
 On our way back from Kemaman, we stopped by Kuantan Port and Berserah beaches for fishing as somebody who is longing to fish for quite sometime already. So while waiting, I took advantage of the breathtaking view to capture some pictures. I won't be saying much as I will let the pictures speaks for itself.
 Cotton On Wayfarer shade I Sleveless from a local boutique I Forever21 shorts I Havaianas flip flop I Bimba&Lola bucket bag
Yes.I changed my outfit as I wet myself earlier.
Hat from a shop at Malacca I Forever21 sleeveless top I Zara cutoff shorts I Havaianas flip flop

 
 As for dinner, we had grilled fish.It is wrapped in banana leaves with a special sauce which is spicy and delicious. It is also a must try!!


No comments:

Post a Comment